International Customs Unit Specialist
The International Customs Unit Specialist will:
|Date Posted:||25 Dec 2017||Reference:||ACD/SCRTFP-PIU/2017/043|
|Closing Date:||07 Jan 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Economic Growth||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 5 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the ACD in coordination and interaction with international organizations and regional associations on customs related matters.
• Help Afghan Customs on activities with international organizations such as Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO), South Asian Association of Regional Cooperation (SAARC), Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC), Regional Intelligence Liaison Office (RILO) etc.
• Supervise the work of ICU officers relating to World Customs Organization (WCO) and World Trade Organization (WTO) and help ACD in preparing for WTO accession.
• Assist ACD in participation in and negotiation of bilateral and international trade and transit treaties/agreements, including coordination with other Ministries and departments on matters pertaining to Customs and trade facilitation;
• Manage ICU officers in facilitating and organizing participation of ACD representatives in regional & international meetings, workshops, seminars & conferences.
• Supervise ICU officers in extending requisite support to ACD in negotiations with other countries for finalizing customs cooperation agreements.
• Supervise ICU officers on extending necessary support to ACD for mutual cooperation with other countries in Customs matters like intelligence, technical assistance, valuation and customs procedures etc.
• Monitor ICU officers in preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and other ICU related reports.
• Ensure preparation of free trade agreements where necessary.
• Carry out any other tasks assigned by the Director General of Customs.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• The International Customs Unit Specialist should be a team player
• Possession of excellent interpersonal skills.
• Good in communication skills, motivated and result oriented.
• Communicates sensitively, effectively and creatively across different constituencies;
• Ability to effectively synthesize information from diverse sources.
• Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor Degree in International Relations, Foreign Policy , Political Science, Economics, Law or equivalent discipline. (Master degree is preferred and possession of relevant Master degree will reduce the number of years’ experience to three (3)
• 5 years relevant experience in international law, international trade and/or customs.
• Relevant experience in Government, World Bank funded projects, and also experience in working with civil society organizations and international organizations will be preferred.
• Excellent command of both oral and written of the local languages (Dari and Pashto) and English language is required.
• Solid knowledge of MS Office Suite, especially PowerPoint and Excel
Afghanistan – Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Economic Growth
Qualified candidates may submit their applications including an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and must indicate the vacancy number and post title in the subject line of their submission while applying for this position through e-mail.
Applications with no vacancy number and post title on the subject line will not be considered as genuine submission.